Calling from the Contacts List
You can use any directory contact to make a call. You can also use the directory in almost any telephone function where you need to select the number for a destination, for example during a transfer.
• All – All directory entries.
• External – Directory entries stored by the telephone system for all users to use.
• Groups – The names and numbers of hunt groups on the telephone system.
• Users – The names and numbers of other users on the telephone system.
• Personal – Your own personal directory entries.
• Pressing a button enters all of the characters represented by that button. Pressing another button adds the characters from that button as the next possible characters. For example, dialing 527 simultaneously match all names starting with JAS (for example “Jason”) and with KAR (for example “Karl”) plus any other letter combinations from those buttons.
• The characters represented by each dialing pad button depend on the language used by your telephone system. See Entering Characters.
• To remove all the characters entered so far press Clear.
2. When the required entry is highlighted, press Call or press the button button next to the name.
3. Proceed as you would with a normally dialed call.